- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 800g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted or Sprinkle with lightly toasted pine nuts (not both!!)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 French shallot, finely sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 220c. Place olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper in a bowl & stir to combine. Add the roast pumpkin & stir to coat. Transfer to a roasting pan & bake for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender & slightly caramelized.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
Divide the spinach between four serving plates & scatter roast pumpkin, and olives or pine nuts over the top. Drizzle each with dressing.
Amber | www.intothesoul.com