Super Breakfasts! Scrambled Tofu
- Olive oil
- 250 brown mushrooms, or baby mushrooms sliced
- 450 grams of firm tofu, firm or extra-firm, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- couple of handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Handful chopped continental parsley
- Diced tomato
- Handful pine nuts
- Sliced spring onions
- Gently sauté mushrooms, pepper and garlic in olive oil on low heat until tender.
- Add the tofu to the pan and stir frequently, if using tomato, add now and stir for another minute or two.
- Add the spices and baby spinach.
- Add a teaspoon of water, cover and steam, for one minute.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast and cook for 2 more minutes until hot throughout.
- Add pine nuts, parsley or spring onions and season well.
Serve your scrambled tofupiping hot in a wrap of your choosing.