Boost Your Love Life
Research says the more you love, and the more love you feel, the happier you will be… so let’s get busy:
- Engage in a love and gratitude meditation.
- Find a comfortable and quiet space.
- Calm your mind.
- Wish yourself and others happiness and peace.
- Picture moments of happiness in your life.
- Feel the strong emotions that bond you to the people you shared those times with.
- Think of how special the people you love are. Notice in feeling love for others, you simultaneously feel loved yourself. You cannot give love without feeling love.
- Remind yourself that you too are loved.
- Send out well wishes or prayers for good fortune. Perhaps “May my friend be strong and find great happiness.”
- Picture this in your minds’ eye as you think/say it. If you prefer you may repeat a mantra. Do this for as long as you feel comfortable.
This type of meditation makes you feel more connected to the people around you, and more able to see the positive aspects of those who are close to you. Focusing on love also boosts gratitude and your ability to appreciate your natural environment and its non-human inhabitants as well. Here’s to love!