The Amethyst is a stone that is strongly tied to emotional well being, and unconditional love. Amethyst promotes internal balance, emotional stability and provides protection from negative energies. It is always associated with the purer of human qualities – such as chastity, sobriety, discipline, spirituality, faith, and self-control.
- Wearers t are protected against temperamental mood swings, anger, jealousy, and violent emotion. The stone’s qualities instead bringing forth calm, tranquility, and contemplation.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for Pisces and for those born in the month of February.
- Amethyst is associated with the crown chakra at the top of the head.
- Amethysts purifies and cleanses negative energy. It can be used to provide relief from headaches, emotional pain, anxiety, concussions, and depression.
- Amethyst aids in sleep. If kept in the bedroom, it’s calming energy soothes racing minds and restlessness as well as preventing nightmares, particularly in children.
- Those who deal with stress a lot, such as people with an excessive work ethic who are unable to enjoy relaxation.
- Sleep disorders
- Meditation and Clairvoyance
According to Greek mythology, Amethyst was a young virgin who became the object of wrath of the Greek God Dionysus after he over indulged in red wine. The Goddess Diana turned Amethyst into a shimmering white stone to protect her from Dionysus (quartz). When Dionysus realized what had happened and felt remorse for his actions, his tears dripped into his red wine. His wine later spilled and fell upon the white rock, and stained it purple.
In Greek mythology, amethyst was rock crystal dyed purple by the tears of Dionysus, the god of wine and revelry. Ancient Egyptians used the stone as the representative of the zodiac sign of the goat. The goat was considered the enemy of vines and vineyards, and therefore the antidote of wine.
We currently have a beautiful selection of amethyst clusters available at The Shop.