Today we’re onto the Law of Detachment. This is such a good ‘law’ to get your mind around, in fact its life changing. It’s certainly the only reason my life is what it is today. This law or thinking, essentially empowers you to build the life you want. For example, you lose your business, your money is gone, you have nothing left to show… or you get divorced, your life as you knew it is over, you have nothing and must start over, your family are taken from you and you are now on your own and feel no reason to live… this law of detachment helps you to find the meaning within that enables you to build the world without that will nourish you. You are far stronger than you will ever (hopefully) have to realise, know that that strength and capability is there and can be tapped into at all times, that what you can think of, what you can imagine, you can also create.
This law says, if you lose everything that is of meaning to you and you have to start all over again with nothing, do it fearlessly, and build your life over again. Having actually been in this situation myself more than once, unfortunately, I can tell you honestly, there is nothing more empowering than realising that no matter what, you will be ok and you will be able to look after yourself and build yourself a life. I love this law, but I do think it requires some serious thought in order to really reap the best of what it offers you…
The Sixth Law of Spiritual Success: The Law of Detachment
- In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty… It’s a bit to swallow I know – but interpret it this way. In separating yourself from your past you attain freedom. You let go of ingrained thought and expectations. Anything is possible again… and really it’s easy to see that from this mindset much more will be achieved.
- Attachment…is based on fear and insecurity—and the need for security is based on not knowing the true Self. When you are secure in the moment, the dependence on the physical or material is minimal.
- …with detachment there is freedom to create.
- The search for security is an illusion…the solution to this whole dilemma lies in the wisdom of insecurity, or the wisdom of uncertainty. This means that the search for security and certainty is actually an attachment to the known. And what’s the known? The known is our past…There’s no evolution in that…And where there is no evolution, there is stagnation, entropy, disorder, and decay.
- Uncertainty, on the other hand, is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom. The future is not set – this is wonderfully liberating.
- The Law of Detachment does not interfere with the Law of Intention and Desire—with goal-setting. You still have the intention of going in a certain direction, you still have a goal. However, between point A and point B there are infinite possibilities.
Applying the Law of Detachment
- Today I will commit myself to detachment
- Today I will factor in uncertainty as an essential ingredient of my experience
- I will step into the field of all possibilities and anticipate the excitement that can occur when I remain open to an infinity of choices