Here is the 4th law of spiritual success, thanks to Deepak Chopra. And this one, by title alone, is my favourite!! It’s super empowering…. wrap your head around it guys, its worth the effort.
The Law of Least Effort
- The basic premise of this law is that you will do less and accomplish more, because you work with what is positive, and no longer waste energy on what depletes you.
- Accept others and the universe for exactly what they are. Realise that this moment is a culmination of all the moments and days before. It is not a bolt out of the blue… or something you can readily change. It is as it is meant to be.
- Take responsibility, you need to ‘own’ . Responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation. You see yourself as in control, therefore you also are empowered to create a positive response to the situation you’re facing and change it’s impact on your life.
- All problems contain the seeds of opportunity. Every difficult situation becomes an opportunity for change and growth, and each difficult person becomes a teacher. What counts really is not the situation you’re presented with – but your response to it. Reality is just your perception of things. Choose to interpret things differently – choose your response – and you also end up choosing your reality. Responsibility then means the ability to have a creative response to the situation as it is now.
- Give up defensiveness. 99% of the time there is no need to be defensive, or defend yourself. Most people spend a lot of their time defending their points of view. If you let go of this need, you gain access to enormous amounts of energy that have been previously wasted. You’ll also find you’re able to listen to others without judgement and understand them better. It is a far more peaceful approach to life.
- You do not need to justify yourself, or explain yourself. Simply declare your intent to yourself, and be truly ‘ok’ with it. You need to accept you. That is all it takes to experience fulfilment, delight, joy, freedom, and autonomy in every moment in your life.
Applying the Law of Least Effort
- Acceptance simply means that you make a commitment: “Today I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur.” This means I will know that this moment is as it should be, because the whole universe is as it should be. This moment — the one you’re experiencing right now — is the culmination of all the moments you have experienced in the past. This moment is as it is because the entire universe is as it is.
- When you feel frustrated or upset by a person or a situation, remember that you are not reacting to the person or the situation, but to your feelings about the person or the situation. These are your feelings, and your feelings are not someone else’s fault. When you recognize and understand this completely, you are ready to take responsibility for how you feel and to change it.
- When that energy is freed up, it can be rechanneled and used to create anything that you want. When your internal reference point is your spirit, when you are immune to criticism and unfearful of any challenge, you can harness your energies positively, and create the experience of love , affluence, or evolution you wish for.
In The Art of Dreaming, Don Juan tells Carlos Castaneda, “. . . most of our energy goes into upholding our importance…. If we were capable of losing some of that importance, two extraordinary things would happen to us. One, we would free our energy from trying to maintain the illusory idea of our grandeur; and two, we would provide ourselves with enough energy to … catch a glimpse of the actual grandeur of the universe.”